Translate

ABI-1 xRay

My Brain...  ( Paul-Robert Hipkiss )  An X-ray taken at the Civic Hospital, Ottawa.  Sometime after my Car Crash  ( GO 2014-286487 ) on Octo...

Safety & Security

Man’s Trigger Finger 
Man’s Finger in His TriggerI can remember his finger in his trigger. 
I froze. 
The worst thing to do... 
EVAC - ASAP  
Friendly Fire...  
Was not my reaction. 
I froze. I froze. 
I failed. 
I froze. 
I... 
ROOF
I found this pamphlet. 
I cannot remember where, but of recent days. 
It shocked me. 
The price of houses have gone up so much. 
Money, money, money... 
In 1990, things were different. 
One perhaps could have bought a bungalow for $150,000 in 1990. 
Approximately, of course. 
These days, it's three times that amount. 
Wow... 
Yet, the Insurance Act and/or the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act of Ontario, Canada have not changed, have they? 
At least not for a brain injured victim. 
I remember the distant past better than the recent past. 
It was always $250,000 that I used to sign for as part of "Pain & Suffering." 
Those numerics have not changed. 
Why? 
To TD Insurance's benefit... not the victim. 
The cost of living has gone up. A continues... 
Not even the $1,000,000 Medical Care has changed. 
How much did it cost to have me in a hospital? 
Three months or so at the Civic/General of Ottawa & a year as an outpatient. 
Never mind the million dollars for Attendant Care... 
Where did that go? Why perhaps the elimination? 
Ah yes, to appease the Insurer! 
So, what is it about these numerics that interest me the most? 
Nothing! 
The least? 
Nothing! 
However the numerics juxtaposition themselves is irrelevant. 
I have Acquired Brain Injury. 
I cannot protect my own safety. 
I cannot guarantee my own security. 
My life has changed. 
I must fight for just that? No. 
I must demand that the Law protect me. 
It's not about money for me. 
It's not about which roof is better than another. 
I am in dire need of a roof over my head with a security guard downstairs. 
My last living place where one day I may lay my head to rest in peace. 
Not 
Being Able 
To Protect 
Myself 
Is 
STRESS 
...negativity is not conducive to brain injury...  
Not being able to teach...
Not being able to earn my way...
Not being able to shelter the ones I love...
Not being able to have ownership of my own identity...
Is
STRESS